Nurses Heart of Healthcare
A Day in the Life of a Nurse
- Florence Nightingale was the originator of the institution of nurses. She herself was the first and perhaps the greatest of the nurses. She was a symbol and model of sacrifice and is still remembered as ‘The Lady with the Lamp.’ Nurses Heart of Healthcare.
- The lot of the nurses is very hard and is usually not recognized to the extent that it should be. Their remuneration is not commensurate with the hard work they put in.
- A typical nurse works in a hospital. She lives in a small residence allotted to her in a corner of the hospital. Her duties usually go on shifting from time to time. Sometimes, she has day duty, sometimes night duty and sometimes a duty which covers half a day and half a night.
- Occasionally, she may have to give double duty in case of an emergency or when someone of her colleagues suddenly goes on leave. It is a different matter that thereafter, she may get a holiday for a day or so. And her duties also change frequently from one ward to the other.
- Let us suppose the typical nurse has her daily duty. Usually, it starts at eight in the morning and ends at four in the afternoon. She takes her breakfast and reaches the hospital in the specified ward on time.
Nurse role in Hospital
- The nurse get the medicines as prescribed by the doctors to the patients and administers medicine to each patient. Sometimes nurse have to note the temperature of each patient on the chart appended to his bed and may also have to take the blood pressure.
- Nurse also gives injections to concerned patients. She has to be very careful lest wrong medicines should not be administered to any patient. nurse are the heart of health care.
- Sometimes, when a patient is in a serious condition, she may have to administer oxygen and remain on her toes. She may have to call the doctor concerned if she feels the condition of a patient is out of her control.
- The nurse is a symbol of love, comfort and hopes to the patients. We call the nurse is like a mother or sister. She is rightly called ‘the sister.’ To a seriously ill patient, she may be more than a sister. Nurse leaves the hospital when her duty is over after handing over the charge to the nurse next on duty.
- Nurse play an important role in hospital. She care a nurse a a family member. We can sat that nurse Nurses Heart of Healthcare.
Hello Nursing student to know more about Nurses Heart of Healthcare please visit our website. For sure success in government sector register your self by online/offline mode
SCO 112 – 113 4th FLOOR
SECTOR 34 – A, CHANDIGARH